Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Build cost and schedule performance baselines which includes well defined; scope, assumptions, deliverables, Work Breakdown Structure, and integrated critical path schedule that is resource loaded.
• Establish Earned Value Management System (EVMS) performance standards, controls, and reporting based on the defined project planning strategy.
• Coordinate assigned projects and maintain cost and schedule data, projections, reports, and other activities during project performance.
• Interface with standard company business systems (Primavera P6 scheduling, Deltek Costpoint cost accounting system, Deltek Cobra, NWG Dashboard, etc.).
• Support PMs in managing procurement actions (accruals, invoicing, and costing).
• Formulate effective communications and reporting requirements (as defined by the PM, Corporate policy, and customer requirements) that define the current status of a project in relation to the project performance baseline, reasons for deviation, and assisting with implementing corrective action plans.
• Develop accurate Estimate at Completion for detailed project completion costs and performing monthly project fee analyses.
• Seek continuous improvement and enhancements of current project management methodologies.
• Develop RFPs for subcontractors and recruiting potential subcontractors for project teaming.
• Develop and prepare project cost estimates using Sage Timberline or other system.
• Provide Estimating in preparation of bid proposals and work closely with the project development organization to develop estimates for both fixed price and cost reimbursable projects.
• Gather details and compile data to estimate all production costs according to specifications Ensure all working documents and data are maintained to back up estimate figures.
• Assist Contracting department during preparation of inquiries and final evaluation of submitted bids as required.
• Help determine necessary resources for projects based on cost estimates and budgetary constraints.
• Estimate and/or price extra work items, change orders, credit, etc.
• Periodic travel in the U.S. to projects and client sites to confirm project conditions.
Work as an integral part of a team to review business opportunities, conduct risk evaluations and bid/no-bid decisions.
Knowledge and Experience:
• 4 year educational degree
• At least 8 years of demonstrated project Controls/Cost Estimating experience
• Familiar with Project Controls EVMS processes and project management software's such as Primavera P6, Cobra, and Deltek Costpoint
• Experienced in all facets of Cost Estimating, including developing detailed cost estimates and BOEs using Code of Accounts to develop a cost history database that is company specific and performing cost modeling for large projects.
• Experience with heavy Civil, Commercial, DoD, USACE, Environmental Remediation and Demolition preferred.
• US citizenship required
Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent interpersonal skills; work effectively and cooperatively with all levels of management and staff, and client as well as outside business associates.
• Strong oral and written communication skills; ability to effectively present information and respond effectively and sensitively to questions from client, managers, staff and the general public.
• High degree of sensitivity regarding confidential client and employee information.
• Ability to advocate and enforce Company policies, procedures and employee programs.
• Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team, and make decisions, solve problems, exercise good judgment, work under pressure, work with minimal supervision and prioritize workload.
• Experience and skills with computer applications, including MS Office Suit.
Applicants selected may be subject to a Federal background investigation and might be required to meet the eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The nature of those accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact our Helpline +1.208.528.8714 or e-mail email@example.com for assistance.
North Wind Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, religion or other legally protected status. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.